Carolyn Hagenes is a reputed green cleaning expert with a deep-seated commitment towards promoting sustainable lifestyle choices. She has been an integral part of the Clean Envy team for over three years, imparting her extensive knowledge on eco-friendly cleaning methods and products. When not at work, Carolyn finds joy in gardening, practicing yoga, and spending quality time with her rescued canine, Luna.
Keeping your house clean can feel like a never-ending task, especially when you have a busy schedule. But fear not! I'm here to share some of my best tips for keeping your house clean without spending hours on end scrubbing and tidying.
1. Set a cleaning schedule: One of the easiest ways to keep your house clean without much effort is to establish a cleaning schedule. Dedicate specific days or times each week to tackle different tasks, such as vacuuming on Mondays, dusting on Wednesdays, and mopping on Fridays. This way, you'll stay on top of your cleaning without feeling overwhelmed.
2. Declutter regularly: Clutter can make your home look messy even when it's relatively clean. Take a few minutes each day to declutter and put things back in their designated places. This simple habit will make a big difference in maintaining a clean and organized space.
3. Use multi-purpose cleaners: Instead of having a different cleaner for every surface in your home, opt for multi-purpose cleaners that can be used on various surfaces. This will save you time and money while still getting the job done effectively. For example, vinegar is a great cleaning agent for dishwashers and can be used on other appliances too.
4. Clean as you go: Whenever you're cooking or doing any other task that tends to create messes, try to clean as you go. Wipe down countertops, wash dishes, and put away ingredients or tools as you finish using them. By doing this, you'll prevent messes from piling up and make your post-cooking cleanup much easier.
5. Involve the whole family: Cleaning shouldn't be a one-person job. Get your family members involved by assigning age-appropriate tasks to each person. Not only will this lighten your load, but it will also teach responsibility and teamwork to your loved ones.
6. Use time-saving tools: Invest in time-saving cleaning tools that can make your life easier. For example, a robotic vacuum cleaner can take care of your floors while you focus on other tasks. Similarly, microfiber cloths are great for quick dusting and can be reused multiple times.
7. Break tasks into smaller chunks: If the thought of cleaning overwhelms you, break tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Instead of trying to clean your entire house in one go, focus on one room or area at a time. This will make the task feel less daunting and more achievable.
8. Prioritize high-traffic areas: When time is limited, prioritize cleaning high-traffic areas like the kitchen and bathroom. These areas tend to get dirtier faster, so keeping them clean will make your whole house feel cleaner.
9. Don't forget about preventative measures: Taking preventive measures can save you time and effort in the long run. Use doormats to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home, and place coasters and trays to prevent spills and stains. Regularly cleaning your washing machine and garbage disposal can also help prevent unpleasant odors.
10. Reward yourself: Lastly, don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done! Treat yourself to something you enjoy after completing your cleaning tasks. This will motivate you to stay consistent and make cleaning a more enjoyable experience.
Remember, keeping your house clean doesn't have to be a daunting task. By implementing these tips and tricks, you can maintain a clean and tidy home without spending hours on end cleaning. Don't forget, if you're dealing with tough stains on your mattress, check out our guide on how to get blood, pee, and grass stains out of your mattress. Happy cleaning!